« « Back

Name Official number Flag IMO
FERRY NO 8    GBR   
Year built Date launched Date completed
1951     
Vessel type Vessel description
Ferry Passenger  Steel Motor Vessel  
Builder Yard Yard no
Hugh McLean & Sons Ltd, Renfrew   3799 
 

Tonnage Length Breadth Depth Draft
35 grt /  / 57.3 ft  15.2 ft  4.5 ft   
Engine builder Gleniffer Engines Ltd. - Temple Works, Anniesland, Glasgow
Engine detail
M6cyl 4SA 80bhp double-screw (forward and aft)

2001 engine rebuilt 

First owner First port of register Registration date
Trustees of the Clyde Navigation, Glasgow  Glasgow   
Other names
1982 FERRY QUEEN - 2006 KELVINHAUGH NO.8 FERRY 
Subsequent owner and registration history
1981 Forth & Clyde Canal Society, Glasgow
1999 Clyde Maritime Trust, Glasgow 
Vessel history
Built for the Govan ferry.
Later transferred to Kelvinhaugh.
1981 modified, with reduced superstructure for service on the Forth & Clyde Canal
2002 moved from the Canal "Stables" mooring to the Clyde at the Pumphouse location beside the sailing vessel GLENLEE
c2013 moved with GLENLEE to Riverside Museum and in service between the Museum and Govan. 
Remarks
Initial capacity for 144 passengers 
End year Fate / Status
  In Service  
Disposal Detail
 
 

 



« « Back