« « Back

Name Official number Flag IMO
ABBOTSHALL  62970  GBR   
Year built Date launched Date completed
1890  23/12/1889  01/1890 
Vessel type Vessel description
Coaster General Cargo  Steel Screw Steamer  
Builder Yard Yard no
John Scott & Co, Kinghorn Abden Shipyard  68 
 

Tonnage Length Breadth Depth Draft
424 grt / 234 nrt / 165.2 ft  25.1 ft  12.1 ft   
Engine builder John Scott & Co., Kirkcaldy
Engine detail
T3cyl (16, 25, 42 x 30in), 95nhp, 1-screw, engine aft 

First owner First port of register Registration date
London and Kirkcaldy Steam Ship Co. (John T. Stocks, manager), Kirkcaldy  Kirkcaldy  04/01/1890 
Other names
04/10/1911 NORMAN QUEEN - 05/10/1912 HELGOLAND 
Subsequent owner and registration history
05/07/1898 Harris L.Stocks.
11/05/1910 Stocks, Turnbull and Co. Ltd. (Furness Withy and Co Ltd, managers), Kirkcaldy.
22/05/1911 Goole Shipbuilding and Repairing Co. Ltd., Goole in part payment for new steamer being built at that yard.
14/09/1911 London and Channel Islands Steam Shipping Co. Ltd. (Cheeswright and Ford, managers), London
17/09/1912: British Register closed – to Lübeck-Koldinger Dampfschiffahrts G.m.b.H., Lübeck, Germany
06/11/1925 See-Quarantane Reederei K.K.Skriver G.m.b.H., Lubeck.
08/05/1933 Reed. K.K. Skriever G.m.b.H., Hamburg, Germany.
xx/05/1945 Taken as a prize by Allied Forces at Lübeck but later returned to owners.
xx/04/1953 Interoceana Schiff. G.m.b.H. (Lübeck Linie, A.G.,), Lübeck.
11/12/1953 Lübecker Seetransport G.m.b.H. (Lübeck Linie, A.G.,), Lübeck.
 
Vessel history
29/01/1911 In collision in Half Moon Reach, River Thames with another steamer and then struck a loaded barge and sank.
04/02/1911 Lifted and moved on to bank of river.
05/02/1911 Floated and docked at Greenwich for repairs.

1920 lengthened to 189.6 ft, 498 grt
probably at this point converted for the carriage of livestock
10/12/1941 Mined and sunk in the Little Belt but later salvaged.
1947 first German vessel to call at a Danish port since the capitulation - carrying cattle to Hamburg. 
Remarks
 
End year Fate / Status
1958  Broken Up 28/06/1958 
Disposal Detail
28/06/1958 arrived at Lubeck to be broken up by Alnwick Harmstorf. 
 

 



« « Back